Tuesday, March 11, 2008

T.O. Writes to All the Fans and My Apology to Him

Originally written Thursday, January 17, 2008
Just in case you haven't seen it posted somewhere in another blog or on a bulletin, here's a letter T.O. posted on his official website at www.terrellowens.com.

TO ALL OF MY FANS:

With our loss to the Giants comes the end of a great ride for this season. We win and lose as a team, and I loved playing with this team. With 13 regular-season wins, which tied the franchise record, we won the NFC East title for the first time since 1998. We also had 12 Pro Bowlers, the most of any NFL team. That alone makes for a successful season.

It is an honor being part of the Dallas Cowboys organization, and I am committed to bringing a championship to Dallas and our great fans.

I want to thank all of you from across the country for your amazing support and encouragement during the season. I appreciated hearing your cheers and best wishes every week. It really meant a lot to me, and I am truly blessed to have you on my team.

After the Pro Bowl in February I'll continue to work with my Catch A Dream Foundation. I will also participate in other important activities on behalf of the community.

In the spring I'll begin my training for next season. I am going to do everything possible to get stronger and improve my game, and I'll be back, better than ever. Trust me on that.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Getcha popcorn ready.

Terrell Owens, 81
______________________________________________________________

My Personal Thoughts..........and My Apology

You know, I will be the first to admit that when Terrell came to Dallas, I really didn't expect much. I knew he was talented, but I just wasn't sure he was worth the "baggage" that would come along with him due to his reputation as a troublemaker. There was also the "incident" on The Star in Texas Stadium that I struggled to get over. I remained skeptical throughout the 2006 season, just waiting for things to reach a boiling point and for T.O. to do something that would prove me right.

Well, I was wrong. You should never judge someone based on one or two incidents and you certainly shouldn't judge them by what often gets reported in the media. Sometimes it takes a while to recognize character and this season the character and behavior I have seen from Mr. Owens (and I say Mr. out of respect) has made me believe that he has found a home.

I am sure he will never read this blog and I may never get the chance to say this to him in person, so I will do it here. Mr. Owens, I have misjudged you and I want to admit that I was wrong. For that I sincerely apologize. You are a True Cowboy. I am proud of the way you have worked with the Cowboys this year. I truly believe that, from your perspective, it's not all about you, but it's all about the Cowboys. With each passing week of this season, my affection for you has grown. With that final interview, after the loss to the Giants, where you defended your quarterback, and stated that "we lost as a team," you solidified my respect and affection. I love you man.

For those who have made fun of T.O. for crying in that interview, I say get a life. If you have never cried over falling short of a worthy cause, or seeing someone you love fail, then you are just too self-centered and egotistical to understand. Real men do cry. Real men realize that there are things in this life more important than their own self-image, egos, or personal goals.

Mr. Owens, again, I think you are a true Cowboy and you have found your home. Your home is with this team and in the hearts of fans like myself.

God bless you T.O.

Oh...........and one more thing T.O..............regarding next season..........

Getcha Popcorn Ready....................

No comments: